Upcoming NERC OpenStack Platform upgrade to version 16.2.6 and expansion of available Floating IPs [January 29, 2024 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM]
Upcoming NERC OpenStack Platform upgrade to version 16.2.6 and floating IP network expansion will occur on Monday January 29, 2024 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
– We are writing to inform you that we are planning to upgrade our NERC OpenStack Platform to version 16.2.6. This will take the majority of the maintenance period.
– We will also be expanding the currently available floating IP space to support a large number of users and projects. This work should take ~1hr and will be done after the upgrade work has completed successfully (most likely in the afternoon).
– We have rescheduled the planned NERC OpenStack Platform version upgrade to a new date to include expansion of NERC OpenStack Floating IPs.
– NERC OpenStack’s Horizon dashboard and other OpenStack API services may be inaccessible at times during this process.
– The RHOSP upgrade process should not affect any of your running VMs and used storage including volumes and object storage. However, during the expansion of the floating IP space after the upgrade, VMs will be temporarily unable to get out to the internet and will also be temporarily unreachable from the internet. We expect the floating IP expansion to take around an hour to complete. We will update the status page if it takes more or less time.
– Please be aware that during this maintenance, project and project change requests will not be accepted and approved.
– We are reserving the whole day, from 9am to 5pm. It can take more or less time, so we urge you to keep an eye on https://nerc.instatus.com/ to get the progress during this time.
– Please do subscribe to https://nerc.instatus.com/subscribe/email in order to get the progress updates during this time.
Our priority is to help make science happen, so If you or your research team have any questions or need to escalate an issue, please contact us via email (email@example.com) or, by submitting a new ticket at the NERC’s Support Ticketing System.