Upcoming Red Hat’s OpenShift Cluster Platform (OCP) Version Upgrade on NERC [September 27, 2023 from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM]
Upcoming Red Hat’s OpenShift container platform (OCP) upgrade on NERC from version 4.10 to 4.13 will occur on Wednesday September 27, 2023 from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
– We are writing to inform you that we are planning to upgrade our OpenShift cluster from version 4.10 to 4.13 on Wednesday, September 27, 2023. As our current version of OpenShift has already ended Red Hat’s maintenance support on September 10, 2023, this upgrade is crucial and will bring several new features and improvements to our cluster. Also, we will enable GPU resources to our OpenShift and Red Hat OpenShift Data Science Platform (RHODS) that will provide a fully supported sandbox environment for data scientists/researchers to develop, train and test AI/ML models and deploy them for use in intelligent applications.
– Please keep a backup for your critical data or application running on your project on NERC’s OpenShift cluster.
– The new upgrade to the latest OpenShift version will provide improved performance, enhanced security, additional operators and enhanced user interface along with updated Kubernetes version.
– During the upgrade, there will be a period of downtime to ensure a seamless transition. We anticipate this downtime to last approximately 1 day, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. It can take more or less time, so we urge you to keep an eye on https://nerc.instatus.com/ and also subscribe to https://nerc.instatus.com/subscribe/email to get the progress updates during this time.
– If you have not used or tested, our state-of-the-art OpenShift and RHODS platform that enables you and your team to deploy containerized applications in a cloud-native environment, providing a reliable, isolated, and scalable solution for your complex research computing and teaching needs. Please get started using these platforms by requesting a new resource allocation to your project using NERC’s ColdFront web console or you can get in touch with us to have a quick demo.
More information about NERC is available on NERC’s website (https://nerc.mghpcc.org/). If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via email (email@example.com) or, by submitting a new ticket at the NERC’s Support Ticketing System (osTicket).